Resilience in the Whitsundays
Resilient Whitsundays: Coastal Hazards Adaptation Strategy
Council has received funding from the Local Government Association of Queensland (LGAQ) to deliver the ‘Resilient Whitsundays: Coastal Hazards Adaptation Strategy’ (CHAS).
This project will begin the important work of identifying which areas and key assets are at risk from coastal hazard in the Whitsunday region, and will develop potential options for responding to these challenges.
The project has eight key phases, which are as follows:
- Plan for Stakeholder communication and engagement
- Scope coastal hazard issues and undertake historical analysis
- Identify areas exposed to current and future coastal hazards
- Identify key assets potentially impacted
- Undertake a risk assessment of key assets in coastal hazard areas
- Identify potential adaptation options
- Undertake a socio-economic appraisal of adaptation options
- Strategy development, implementation and review